Tiger nuts are one of nature’s super foods and are believed to be highly nutritious; packed with Calcium, Omega-6, Potassium, Magnesium and above all, are Gluten free.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Tiger Nuts are very popular as Natural Aphrodisiac (sexual stimulant).
They are widely known and cultivated in Africa and few other areas including Spain. Tiger Nuts have long been recognised by ancient Egyptians for their health benefits (essential for fertility in both men and women. Also help elevate hypertension, cholesterol and digestive problems ).
NB: Tiger Nut is not actually a nut, but a small rough, rounded shape Tuber (Nut-free)
Medicinal Benefits of Tiger Nuts
1. They are very high in fibre – prevents constipation.
2. They contain healthy fats similar to that of Olive oil.
3. They help regulate blood sugar levels as well as control blood pressure and promotes healthy heart.
4. It has necessary essential minerals; calcium, magnesium and iron necessary for bones, tissues repairs, muscles and the blood stream.
5. Tiger Nuts provide more iron than the same amount of cow milk. Therefore an excellent substitute or alternative to cow milk.
6. They can help to improve the immune system.
7. They are a rich source of protein and carbohydrates.
8. Its starch content make it a natural anti- diarrhoeal and it has a positive impact on the digestive processes due to enzymes that overcome bloating and flatulence. It’s therefore recommended for people with gastritis or stomach aches.
9. Used in ayurvedic medicines and known for its natural aphrodisiac property (sexual stimulant). In China, the milk/ juice is used as heart stimulant, liver tonic and to promote normal menstruation.
Tiger Nuts are now becoming popular around the world and are known by names including: chufa, nut grass, yellow nutsedge or horchata.