The 2020 Manifesto of the National Democratic Congress, NDC, dubbed the People’s Manifesto, will address Ghana’s under-development challenges once and for all, says Johnson Asiedu Nketiah, General Secretary of the party.
He says the people’s Manifesto, devolved from the very aspirations and needs of the ordinary people rather than the desires of party executives, is the product of what he referred to as “thinking outside the box”, a process he says produces durable solutions and thus addresses thoroughly, Ghana’s development needs.
Referring to Ghana’s 4th Republican Constitution, whose formulation from “thinking outside the box” was disparaged by many but has endured the times, he said the 2020 Manifesto of the party similarly promises endurable solutions.
The NDC 2020 Manifesto is fashioned around six general themes;
- Fixing the economy and uniting against Poverty
- Promoting Human Development
- Providing Infrastructure for Growth
- Sustainable and good jobs (Ajumapa)
- Accountability, Anti-corruption and Good Governance
- Deepening International Relations and Foreign Affairs.