Albert Kan-Dapaah is a Politician and a Chartered Accountant. He is the current Minister for National Security.
Here are 10 Facts you probably didn’t know about the current Minister of National Security.
- He worked with Pannel Kerr Forster, a chartered accounting firm as an Audit Senior. He worked in their offices in Monrovia, Liberia and London, UK between 1978 and 1986
- Albert Kan-Dapaah was the Ashanti Regional Representative on the National Council of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) between 1992 and 1996.
- He was a part- time lecturer at the School of Business Administration, University of Ghana and the University of Professional studies.
- He was the President of the Institute of Chartered Accountants, Ghana in the year 1996 as well as the Vice-President of the Association of Accountancy Bodies in West Africa.
- He became Minister for Energy in the Kufuor government after the NPP won power in the 2000 elections.
- He became the Minister for Communications and Technology when there was a cabinet reshuffle in April of 2003.
- He became the Minister for Interior during Kufuor’s second term.
- He has been the MP for Afigya Sekyere West Constituency in the Ashanti Region Of Ghana from the years 1997 to 2004.
- On the 15th of January 2020, a WhatsApp video call between Albert Kan-Dapaah and his alleged side chick popped up on social media leading to several calls for his resignation from the position as National Security Minister.
- He had further Accountancy courses at the North East London Polytechnic, London and the Emile Woolf College of Accountancy.