Before one is Recognized as a King in certain department, his or her achievements will have to argue that. And the accolades received by Shatta Wale defines the main reason he tag himself as the King of Ghanaian Music.
Below are 10 facts about him.
1. After the release of his single’Wine Ya Waist’ which features Nigerian star, Davido in 2015, British daily news paper’ The Guardian’ qualified it among five most listened to new tracks around the world.
2. The hardworking musician is the most awarded Dancehall artist in Africa.
3. He remains the only Ghanaian artist to win male artist of the year and also African artist of the year at Nigeria entertainment awards in 2014 & 2015 respectively.
4. The Dancehall artist won 8 awards at the 3 music awards in 2019. A record for most awards won in a single award gala.
5. In a list the includes the likes of Akon, Stormzy and popular Nigerian born British boxer Anthony Joshua, Shatta Wale was named at 27 in IC’s Magazine of hundred most influential creatives. This is an annual ratings for blacks in around the world.
6. He was the first Ghanaian to organize a digital concert on YouTube dubbed the Faith Concert. It was meant to bring hope to Ghanaians and his global audience at large during the fight against the global pandemic COVID-19.
7. In 2018, His much talked about album ‘Reign Album’ peaked at number #6 on Billboards chart.
8. Aside his singing talent, 1 Don largely produced and mastered majority of his songs such as Havana, Enter the Net, Shatta City as well as one that is regarded by many as his biggest jam ever ‘Dancehall King’.
9. Back in 2014, Shatta Peaked at number 38 on ETV’s top hundred most influential Ghanaian award charts.
10. In July 2017 Mayor of Worcester (UK) Joseph Petty presented The 36 year old musician with the Key to the City in recognition of his contributions to the arts and honoring of Worcester with his presence.