Do you know Beyonce has a ‘rapper cousin’ called Martell ‘Kordone’ Derouen?
He was shot dead at the age of 34 on Tuesday in his luxury apartment Towers complex in the 16700 block of La Cantera Parkway in San Antonio.
Below are 6 facts about Martell Derouen that you probably didn’t know.
1. Martell never took up his famous cousin’s name to benefit him in the public.
Martell’s cousin is Beyoncé, so he could have rode on her stardom to make himself popular but he never did that.
This was revealed by Martell’s friend Brain Mitchell who owns a Fyngermade studio in San Antonio. He stated “Kordone was one of those who rose and shine bright, brighter than, you know, some of those that were in the room with him. “He was just a real subtle dude, quiet.”.
2. The estimated net worth was $750 K USD as of 2020. He lived a comfortable life until his death.
3. He was born on 1987 in Texas, United States.
4. He used to perform under the name Kardone, in 2019 he signed with Orchard “Sony Music record”.
5. In 2016, he released his first debut mixtape ”Trunk Bang” via Empire. Furthermore, in his career, the Rapper did much collaboration with Ray J and Paul wall on two of his singles.
Also, his “911” music video was directed by Ethan Maniquis”. Last year his final music was released and he was busy working on his official albums.
6. The name of Martell Derouen’s wife is known simply as Joia.
“Martell was a caring, loving person, who was a giver and loved to help poor, he had so much love everywhere and his smile was infectious, there is no way to replace him but please help us to find this girl.”, these were the words of his about about him after his death.