New York, New York (March 12, 2021) — Today, GRAMMY Contender Matt B makes his US debut with his new album ‘Eden’.
Currently sitting at #3 on the US iTunes R&B/Soul chart and having debuted at #36 on all genres, it is a moment R&B singer-songwriter Matt B will always cherish as an independent artist.
Over the years, Matt B has enjoyed overseas successes, celebrating a #1 album in Japan in 2014 (‘Love & War’). The same thing happened two years later with his album ‘Dive’, but it is nothing like achieving success at home. He has also snagged the #1 best-selling album on Bandcamp’s Hip-Hop/R&B category.
Matt B says, “Eden’ is also a play on words for me when it comes to the album. I have yet to release my debut album here in the US, and ‘Eden’ was the beginning and the cradle of civilization for man. And this album is the birth of ‘Matt B’ in the US market, which is super important to me. This album is the beginning of something great for my career, so I felt like it was such a powerful name.”
The album features production from R&B royalty Bryan-Michael Cox and Tricky Stewart.
• Becomes Recording Academy Voting Member
• Successfully made it to First Round voting for the 63rd Grammy Awards
• Hit international charts over ten times on Apple Music and iTunes in several countries
(Canada, Belize, Bhutan x2, Bulgaria, Japan x2, Egypt, Macao, Cayman Islands)
• ‘Swipe’ landed on three official Apple Music editorial playlists in Canada
• ‘Swipe’ lands on ‘New In R&B’ Apple Music editorial playlist in 100 countries
• Scored his first billboard in Times Square
• Appeared in Billboard magazine twice
• Participated as a District Advocate on behalf of the Recording Academy to support the RESTART Act
• Signed a new deal with a music agency in China
• Became a celebrity influencer on Cameo
• Performed for a Telefunken-sponsored virtual show
• Performed for ‘Real Heroes Need Masks’ benefit concert and helped raise over $1K
for healthcare workers working in the pandemic and provide PPE for frontliners
• Asked by Shaun King’s Grassroots Law Project team to take the Path To Justice pledge
to support policies that end police brutality
The post GRAMMY Contender Matt B makes US debut with new album ‘Eden’ appeared first on DCLeakers.com.
Source: Music Library